Sunday 1 February 2015

Locusts


At the garden centre this afternoon and looking at the pets. Piles of tragic plastic boxes with live food for snakes and lizards, discounted as beyond their sell-by-date. It appeared that one box of 'live' food contained only dead food and for £1.15 I purchased seven dead locusts to the bemusement of the person at the till, 'I'm an artist' I offered as after that people just nod. When I got home I found one locust was still alive and after some water and new bramble leaves he perked up and has joined the other rescue locusts in my locust house. I then spent a productive hour pinning the others out to dry,  as the children ate tea, these are destined for a piece of artwork but the details aren't yet fully formed, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment