Monday 13 April 2020

A Buzzard Skull - Covid-19 Isolation daily walks.


After a 3 year hiatus perhaps we should re-awaken this shared BLOG.

I have continued to post observations and artwork in other forms - tumblr, instagram, youtube - but have neglected 'Hedgefinders' on Blogger and I miss the Natural History interactions with Adam over in Norfolk - particularly in these strange times of Covid-19 isolation. Walking the paths daily around my village and with a much quieter road outside I feel particularly attuned to the spring unfolding around us in my Somerset village. I've been finding focus and a sense of progress in a lock-down routine suddenly deprived of my daily teaching role by posting drawing films as a contribution to #isolationartschool.
- Here a wonderful buzzard skull (Buteo buteo) found on our walk yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Sorry for this random comment. I found a cranium (I'm quite sure, at least) some day ago but I can't figure out what it is. I'd be really grateful if you could help. Any idea what animal this could've once belonged to?
    https://imgur.com/a/mCKSwKs

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete