Friday 17 February 2012

A freezer full of rodents


Thanks to the diligent efforts of my father-in-law I have 21 new specimens. He has been collecting the dead mice, voles and shrews that 'Tinkerbell' the Claxton house cat has been bringing him and since Christmas and he has been keeping them in a Fererro Roche chocolate box in the freezer. The White household is visibly pleased that I have now removed the collection, which is in temporary storage in my own west-country freezer and will be 'pickled' tomorrow. Between Tinkerbell and the local barn owl, whose rodent filled pellet's I collect from the empty barn, it's a small miracle that there are any small fury animals left in that particular corner of the Norfolk countryside. I might put them in individual little bottles ?


No comments:

Post a Comment